Windows 11 Pro Install - Critical Failure

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
KSJ

Windows 11 Pro Install - Critical Failure

Post by KSJ »

Trying to install Win11 Pro using latest VB and latest ISO. Changes made to bypass TPM, RAM, CPU, and Secure Boot checks. Install gets past loading files and is "Getting Ready". Never completes throwing attached Critical Error message. I would attach the log but the forum says it's larger than 128KiB and can't be uploaded. VBox.png is just a black screen with nothing else. Screen shot at failure notice attached. Log file is 560K so can't attach the most important part.
Attachments
win11error.jpg
win11error.jpg (121.01 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
win11 install error 092922.jpg
win11 install error 092922.jpg (67.16 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Windows 11 Pro Install - Critical Failure

Post by BillG »

Zipped files fit and they are fine.
Bill
KSJ

Post by KSJ »

Bill

Feel like a Dumb A** - I spent so much time trying to track down this error throw I couldn't see the trees....

Log file attached. This error appears after the ISO is parsed and after the first attempt to reboot by the installer. In the screen shot image attached I see reference to the windows boot mgr ... not sure where to go from here. There have been a half dozen attempts and it always hangs there.

Thank you for any help or theories!

Ken
Attachments
KSJ_VBox.zip
(79.45 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
KSJ

Re: Windows 11 Pro Install - Critical Failure - Partially Solved

Post by KSJ »

Further TS revealed that the issue is with rebooting. I had been deleting the Win11 instance on VB prior to trying another install solution. This time I left it there and just tried restarting it. This simulated a reboot and allowed the install to continue. I got right up to the ludicrous demand to establish/access a MS account by just restarting the vmachine every time the install needed a reboot. I bypassed the requirement using oobe\bypassnro and completed the install.
However, the issue still remains with the Windows boot manager. VB still throws the critical error message box instead of triggering a reboot. I would appreciate any insights anyone might have!
KSJ

Post by KSJ »

Incidentally, none of this happened when I installed a Windows 10 machine.
JustinH

Post by JustinH »

Is EFI turned on in the VM? Are you using a Ryzen CPU?
How are you modifying the ISO for the bypasses?