Connect multiple usb devices which has same vender, serial and product ids into multiple vms

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Pumayk26

Connect multiple usb devices which has same vender, serial and product ids into multiple vms

Post by Pumayk26 »

Hello, I want to have my VMs it's own ip address for internet connection. So I decide to go with multiple 3g usb dongles. Unfortunately all those usb dongles has same serial number, vendor id and product id. So if I connect all those usb dongles at once all of em get assigned to a single virtual machine. Others won't get a thing. Once I shut down that assigned VM, all of dongles get assigned to the next running vm (if I select usb modem for that vm). Is there any way to fix this..?

I tried to change those values in usb devices, but I didn't found a proper way to do that. Seems like it's impossible to do. So anyone had this issue and got fixed..? Or should I go with another model..?
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Connect multiple usb devices which has same vender, serial and product ids into multiple vms

Post by multiOS »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=82639#p440310 (Section 9)
Pumayk26

Re: Connect multiple usb devices which has same vender, serial and product ids into multiple vms

Post by Pumayk26 »

@multiOS My goodness... I have read that thread already. Somehow I miss that reply you mentioned.. Now I have a direction... Thanks a lot.. :)