USB integration with virtual box

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Bilaljavaid321

USB integration with virtual box

Post by Bilaljavaid321 »

Hello developers I have a USB speaker so I updated the extension regarding the USB 2.0 and 3.0 in virtual box and it is now showing USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 so whenever I connected my USB speaker to it and go to USB 3.0 section it does not show me my USB speaker name so that mean it is not connected with virtual box? please guide me.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (63.22 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (17.66 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: USB integration with virtual box

Post by scottgus1 »

Carefully go through USB basics and troubleshooting. If you finish all the steps 1-7 and cannot get your USB device into the guest OS, carefully post the outputs of the commands in step 8 as text, not screenshots. Zip and post the logs step 8 call for, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Bilaljavaid321

Post by Bilaljavaid321 »

As I go through the steps mentioned in the website but didn't get a reasonable solution so I am attaching the log so that if possible you find a solution of this sir.
Last edited by scottgus1 on 22. Jul 2022, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: log deleted; step 8 commands and log need to be all run in one set.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Thanks for the log, but there's a whole lot more needed. Step 8 does not ask only for a log.... Please run all commands and the log per the instructions.
Bilaljavaid321

Post by Bilaljavaid321 »

Sir can you tell me what command I write for windows and for linux because step 8 is really confused.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Step 8 is necessary and cannot be simplified. You may need a local person who can help you understand how to complete it.
Bilaljavaid321

Virtual box problem

Post by Bilaljavaid321 »

Hello developers!
I'm using virtual box I'm running the latest virtual box so I've integrated the USB extension to plug the USB speaker and mic with it actually I'm running the home assistant in it and in home assistant in running voice assistant so when I run after restart everything is run very smooth when I say anything it picking up my voice in home assistant and work well but after some time it stop listening and when I go to virtual box USB section so my speaker USB is there and show plugged in so when I delete the USB and added back and it work fine but after some time it stopped for no reason I'm little worried why it is happening? When everything is fine then suddenly the USB speaker stop listening.
Thank you
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

New topic on same question merged. Duplicating topics is against forum rules.

You'll have to face and conquer step 8, or you won't get help.