How to use SP FlashTool with Windows 10?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
larshaug

How to use SP FlashTool with Windows 10?

Post by larshaug »

Hi all.

I am new to this forum, thanks for having me.

I have searched the forum, the Manual and the internet generally for info on how to flash a bricked phone (my own fault) using VirtualBox, but found nothing. This topic really interests me. I am hosting the VB from my Lenovo T550 laptop running on Linux Manjaro distro, and the phone in question is a Volla Phone X. (Volla has very kindly offered me to reset my phone for free, but I really want to be able to do such things myself.)

I just installed the VirtualBox so I have no useful info to share on that score, other than it is version 6.1.32-2.

I will install Windows 10 in the VirtualBox, I already have the appropriate SP Flashing Tool for Windows 10. So it is my hope that I will be able to flash from within VB.

Does anyone know of a fool-proof method of doing this? Or MUST I do the flashing from a Windows PC/flashdrive/SSD?

Best,
Lars
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: How to use SP FlashTool with Windows 10?

Post by scottgus1 »

larshaug wrote:MUST I do the flashing from a Windows PC
Flashing things is one of those tricky processes that many times has to be done correctly the first time, or you end up with a brick. But you already have the brick... So, shoot the moon!

See USB basics and troubleshooting. Pass the phone into the VM using USB Filters.