Using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse - Host vs VM

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
FlexMcMurphy

Using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse - Host vs VM

Post by FlexMcMurphy »

Hello,

I often use Virtualbox to run Windows in a VM in a Linux Host. I am thinking of buying a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I'm looking at the K380 MULTI-DEVICE KEYBOARD + M350 PEBBLE MOUSE.

Currently with my laptop I don't have problems at all... when I switch between the host and VM OS the keyboard and trackpad are recognized but I'm wondering will I run in to problems with the keyboard and mouse being recognized in the host and VM operating system? Apparently this logitech model can "can simultaneously pair up to three devices — and switch between them with a tap". Will this feature solve any problem or is the feature not needed because it will work anyway?

Any advice much appreciated.

Flex
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse - Host vs VM

Post by scottgus1 »

Host keyboard and mouse are 'shared' between host and VMs, and require no special Virtualbox setup. Guest Additions in the VMs if available make the 'share' smooth between host and VM. The bluetooth keyboard and mouse should behave like the present regular keyboard and mouse and not need the Logitech special command. Be sure not to capture the USB adapter using the Virtualbox USB Filters.
FlexMcMurphy

Re: Using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse - Host vs VM

Post by FlexMcMurphy »

Thanks very much for confirming!