System Acceleration Problems

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Cyclone

System Acceleration Problems

Post by Cyclone »

Its not letting me start up the vm because I am getting a System Acceleration Error that states "System Acceleration Settings: The hardware virtualization is enabled in the Acceleration section of the system although it is not supported from the host system. It should be disabled in order to start the visual system"

But when I go to the system acceleration tab and disable hardware virtualization nothing happens how can I fix this? I am using an Asus motherboard with intel cpu and I went into my bios and found vt-d and enabled it and then saved and exited. I also made sure that Hyper V is turned off in my windows settings since I have heard that can also cause issues when vt-d is enabled. Oh yea as a quick note I am using a regular SATA mechanical hard drive does anyone know how I can fix this invalid settings detected thing with hardware virtualization?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: System Acceleration Problems

Post by mpack »

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Firstly, I dont even see a 64 bit option... Anyways I have an intel i7-6850 which supports virtualization and like I previously said I have vt-d enabled and I made sure Hyper V is also turned off. I also disabled virtual based security (although it was never configured) and the last suggestion was to go into device security and turn off core isolation but this is not an issue since my device security does not even show the core isolation tab. Also since I did not have vt-d enabled till now I dont see how any other programs could be using it. Do you have any other suggestions? (As a quick edit I would also like to mention that I can change the processor count)
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please just read the FAQ. It is correct. For example it tells you that VT-d is not relevant, and that looking for a checkbox beside "Hyper-v" is not nearly enough.
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

I have already read it all. Here let me quote my last response and I will label it with the corresponding number in that forums topic you linked me so you can stop giving me a copy and paste answer.

Firstly, I dont even see a 64 bit option (part 4)... Anyways I have an intel i7-6850 which supports virtualization (part 1) and like I previously said I have vt-d enabled (part 2) and I made sure Hyper V is also turned off (part 1.1). I also disabled virtual based security (although it was never configured) (part 2.2) and the last suggestion was to go into device security and turn off core isolation but this is not an issue since my device security does not even show the core isolation tab (part 3.3). Also since I did not have vt-d enabled till now I dont see how any other programs could be using it (part 3). Do you have any other suggestions? (As a quick edit I would also like to mention that I can change the processor count)
Cyclone

Explain to me how I could answer questions 1-4 and then questions 1.1-3.3 while simotanisuly not "reading it"??
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

Cyclone wrote:Explain to me [...]
I'm not mpack, but I can try nonetheless from my own perspective:
Cyclone wrote:I previously said I have vt-d enabled
mpack wrote:For example it tells you that VT-d is not relevant
Cyclone wrote:I previously said I have vt-d enabled (part 2)
For example, this statement seems to indicate that you either did not understand the difference between VT-x and VT-d, or you did not pay the necessary attention when reading the FAQ and/or when writing your post. So when you later write
Cyclone wrote:I made sure Hyper V is also turned off (part 1.1)
it's not clear if you have used the bcdedit command (hint ;)).