Sicherungspunkt, bearbeitete Daten der letzten 3 Wochen weg

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
RolfM

Sicherungspunkt, bearbeitete Daten der letzten 3 Wochen weg

Post by RolfM »

Guten Tag,

ich habe für meine VB vor 3 Wochen einen Sicherungspunkt angelegt und diesen heute leider aus Versehen aktiviert.

Nun sind meine Daten unter WindowsXP, welches in der VB läuft, der letzten 3 Wochen weg, da die VB auf den Punkt zurück gegriffen hat.

Hat jemand eine Idee, wie ich an die in den letzten 3 Wochen veränderten Daten wieder kommen kann ?

Vielen Dank für Antworten!

Freundliche Grüße!

RolfM
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Sicherungspunkt, bearbeitete Daten der letzten 3 Wochen weg

Post by scottgus1 »

RolfM wrote:I created a security point for my VB 3 weeks ago and unfortunately activated it by mistake today.
This "security point" sounds like Virtualbox's Snapshots. It appears that you restored an earlier snapshot without taking another snapshot of the current state of the VM.

To the best of my belief, there is no way to fix this. Your only hope is if you kept regular backups of the VM or the data within.
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

scottgus1 wrote:This "security point" sounds like Virtualbox's Snapshots.
Yes, Sicherungspunkt is the German language term for Snapshot in VirtualBox. BTW, changing the language in the interface settings of the VirtualBox Manager takes effect immediately after clicking the OK button, so it's quite fast to check foreign language terms. At least, if you remember getting to the settings again to revert the change. ;)
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

fth0 wrote:changing the language in the interface settings of the VirtualBox Manager takes effect immediately
Thanks! I have never switched the language, will have to try that.