problem with networking card

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Kraus

problem with networking card

Post by Kraus »

Good afternoon.
For training purposes, it was necessary to put three network cards on VB.
The first one looks in NAT, when installed, it gets the address 10.0.2.15
The second one looks at the internal network. When installing, I set it to the address 192.168.0.1 .
The third is the Host-only adapter. He also gets an IP address when installing it.
After that, it starts : I can't install packages or make an update, although no one else has encountered this in the same course. The connection to the Internet appears only if you disconnect "physically" from the virtual machine all network services except NAT. I tried to simulate the situation on another virtual OS - the same stuff works only with one networker.
What's wrong with my VirtualBox?

P.s. sorry, this translation is done with an automatic translator because I don't speak English well
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: problem with networking card

Post by scottgus1 »

Look through Virtualbox Networks: In Pictures to see what NAT, Internal, and Host-Only do.

Without knowing the Host-Only IP address range and the hist computer's physical network IP address range, we couldn't guess if the Internal's manually-set 192.168.0.1 or NAT's default 10.0.2.15 are conflicting.

NAT by itself should get internet in the VM. Internal and Host-Only shouldn't interfere with NAT if configured properly.

I don't see that you've stated your host OS or VM's OS. Run the following commands in the host and the VM:
For Linux/Mac, run 'ip address' or 'ifconfig'.
For Windows, run 'ipconfig /all'.

Post the command outputs, stating which is the host and which is the VM.

Also, Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. Zip the VM's .vbox file (not the .vbox-prev file), and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions if the folder that opens does not show a .vbox file.)