Cannot open a new task for the virtual computer

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Taque

Re: Cannot open a new task for the virtual computer

Post by Taque »

fth0 wrote:AFAICS, the error code means that VirtualBox could not find all certificates needed to verify the code signature(s) of the VMMR0.ro file. If this assumption is correct, there will be at least one intermediate or root certificate that is only available on one of your hosts.
Right, I've encountered the same problem and found out that Windows 7 is missing support for SHA256 signing component. So I installed Microsoft update KB3033929, restart the computer and the VM works :D . Hope that helps.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Thanks, Taque, for the info! This might be pertinent for other topics running right now, I'm putting it in my links.
timtimtim
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: windows7

Post by timtimtim »

Taque wrote:Right, I've encountered the same problem and found out that Windows 7 is missing support for SHA256 signing component. So I installed Microsoft update KB3033929, restart the computer and the VM works :D . Hope that helps.
It does indeed, thank you.
VBox : 7.0.10
Host: Manjaro Linux
Guest : Windows 7
MackDick

Post by MackDick »

Taque wrote:
fth0 wrote:AFAICS, the error code means that VirtualBox could not find all certificates needed to verify the code signature(s) of the VMMR0.ro file. If this assumption is correct, there will be at least one intermediate or root certificate that is only available on one of your hosts.
Right, I've encountered the same problem and found out that Windows 7 is missing support for SHA256 signing component. So I installed Microsoft update KB3033929, restart the computer and the VM works :D . Hope that helps.
Works perfect, thank you.