Discuss the 5.1.16 release

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: Discuss the 5.1.16 release

Post by frank »

Selin wrote:I've updated to 5.1.16 today and my guest Windows 2008 R2 falls into BSOD 0x0000005a on booting: ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification.
Host: FreeBSD 10.3 Release
Rolled back to 5.1.14 - all goes fine again.
Does anybody else meets with ACPI compliant problems with this new version?

Added:
Another test system was updated successfully.
It's funny...
Any VBox.log file for 5.1.16 available?
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

If you see any kind of crashes, please provide at least most basic diagnostic information. If we don't know what crashed and where, we don't know what the problem might possibly be, and we certainly can't say what might be already fixed or not.

Anyone who has trouble with crashes related to shared folders should probably try a recent test build: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds Please report if it made any difference, and if not, please provide crash details (such as an OS X crash report).
prad007

Post by prad007 »

socratis wrote:I also noticed that you have your Guest Additions (GAs) CD inserted, but you're still running the old GAs version:
00:00:11.060391 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.1.10 r112026 '5.1.10'
You should update them to the current VirtualBox version. And don't forget to remove the CD after you're done with the installation, or you're going to have problems in the next update.
Thank you Socratis for your response..! Post this crash, I have downgraded it to 5.1.14 and installed relevant guest additions. I'm very new to this subject and do not know how to remove the guest addition CD. Could you please help me with instructions (if possible with screenshots)?

I will certainly follow your suggestions regarding the cores and memory. But so far I have not faced any issue while running it with 5.1.14 and prior versions.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

You remove the GAs CD from within your guest. Usually there is an "Eject" option for the virtual CD/DVD of your guest; just like a real computer...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.