Blackberry Desktop

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
countciano

Blackberry Desktop

Post by countciano »

I am trying to synchronize my Blackberry 8700 with Windows XP Guest in Virtualbox running under Ubuntu 7.04. The Blackberry Desktop software installs fine, and Virtualbox can recognize my Blackberry, but the Desktop software doesn't see it.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
tsairox

Blackberry / Virtualbox

Post by tsairox »

Hi,

Have you had any luck? I am experiencing the exact same issue. I run WinXp inside of VB and the Blackberry desktop inside of that. VB recognizes my Blackberry, but BB Desktop does not.
If you or anyone has any answers, please reply

Thanks,

t
The world worships an original
krisd

Blackberry / Virtualbox

Post by krisd »

I would also find it extremely helpful if this problem could be solved. The mass storage device works fine if you unload the usb-storage kernel module, but I really don't care about that, I need to have the desktop manager recognize the device.

Thanks.
sadohert

Post by sadohert »

I'm going to add myself to this list of people looking to get Blackberry to work. VirtualBox gives me this message pretty much right after I connect the Blackberry

Code: Select all

Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device. (Error: VERR_READ_ERROR).

Result Code: 
0x80004005
Component: 
Console
Interface: 
IConsole {1dea5c4b-0753-4193-b909-22330f64ec45}
This is just about last thing to sort out and I can blow away all my full Windows boxes and only use virtualization for a handfull of things....man I hope I can get this.
sadohert

Post by sadohert »

Just adding that I followed sternebrau's advice at the posted and I'm good to go.

Stu