Autodesk Inventor & Fusion on Mac M3-series

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Danny_J

Autodesk Inventor & Fusion on Mac M3-series

Post by Danny_J »

Hi,

I was wondering if someone has already made some experience with running the mentioned SW on M3 Mac(Book Pro)s and could share best practices regarding settings and performance, as I don't want to use Parallels?

Kind regards
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Autodesk Inventor & Fusion on Mac M3-series

Post by multiOS »

Sorry, but 'Fusion' is VMware's virtualisation software and is not connected with Oracle VirtualBox, so we can't answer questions relating to that software on this Forum.

The macOS/ARM64 version of VirtualBox is currently only available to users as a Developer Preview/BETA with limited capability, which Oracle's VirtualBox Development Team is working to improve.
Danny_J

Post by Danny_J »

Yes you're right, thank you for your answer!

Is there a timeline on the further development?
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Post by multiOS »

Oracle's VirtualBox Development Team does not publish details externally of any future plans or timelines. My understanding (as a long-term user of VirtualBox and th Forum) is that it would be against the Oracle's policy for Teams to reveal such details publicly.

Testing/following the progress of the 'Development Snapshots' on the Test Builds page - https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds - is the nearest a user can currently get to understanding how development is progressing. Until that 'Developer Preview' description on the VirtualBox macOS/ARM64 version is lifted my presumption (given the known capabilities and limitations of the alternative software solutions currently available) will be that Oracle's Development Team are not yet close to the 'result' they are aiming to deliver in a first public release.