Editing snapshots properties - Is it a bug?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
DdB
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: many

Editing snapshots properties - Is it a bug?

Post by DdB »

VB 3.2.10 (earlier releases act the same way) on Vista:
When editing a snapshots properties from the VB GUI (i used to store private Metadata like pwd's, update statuses a.s.o. in the comments field), when i want to get that info into the clipboard by selecting and copying it, or when pasting info into it, the GUI most often crashes (hangs itself). this happens so regularly, that i started avoiding... copying by hand (typing again all of the data).

Now i wanted to enter a bug report, but i am asked to diskuss the issue here before doing so.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Editing snapshots properties - Is it a bug?

Post by mpack »

If it's a bug I'm thinking about, it's both long standing and well known. Basically, pasting into an edit field can lock up the GUI. I haven't personally seen a hang when copying from an edit field, but that may also apply. So search before posting a new bug report.

Strictly speaking, it may not be a bug in VirtualBox itself, but instead in the QT4 libraries that the VBox GUI uses. Probably not a great comfort to you but there it is.
DdB
Primary OS: Debian other
Guest OSses: many

Re: Editing snapshots properties - Is it a bug?

Post by DdB »

Thank you for your input. Since i couldnt find this bug, neither in Qt development nor in VB's, i created a ticket here: http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7771