Crash with VBox

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
yasiel1
Primary OS: MS Windows 2003
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: ?????

Crash with VBox

Post by yasiel1 »

I honestly dont know where the put this at but this thread makes some sense to me to post it here My Friend was being a jack ass and downloaded and installed virtual box even when i said to him not to and it even said It has failed to pass the windows logo and may cause your computer to crash or loose performance immidiatly or later on and Ever since i've been playing a few games my computer crashes Like EVERY time i play MapleStory 10 to 20 Minutes playing the whole computer crashes like it freezes up and does NOTHING at all And i cant do nothing about it I System Restored and use the DISCs To Make my computer go back to factory settings and it deletes everything and NOTHINg i still get these crashes Is Their any possible way to fix this? or is the damage permanet
yasiel1

Re: Crash with VBox

Post by yasiel1 »

bump
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Technical section:
==================
It looks like it is related to Bug #4572

Do you experience similar problems described in the bug ?

Psychological section:
=====================
As for who to blame; Unless you are a programmer, You can't know. Just in some cases 2 programs are incompatible with one another. Like MapleStory and VirtualBox. I have experienced several such problems over a lifetime of VirtualBox project.
It is very psychological; If you had used VirtualBox for years, then installed MapleStory and boom ! Your PC blows up ! Whom would you hate ? MapleStory of course, because it was installed last. And you know VirtualBox works perfectly.
In the past I had a problem where DOSbox 0.70 did not work under VirtualBox 1.5.0, and I was damn sure it is a VBox bug, but it turned out to be DOSbox bug that was fixed in DOSbox 0.71. There was a similar story of coLinux 0.7.3 crashing host if run together with VirtualBox, and again it was a bug in coLinux that was fixed in v0.7.5.
That brings me to a conclusion that you can never know for sure what bring the problem.

The technical reason for those compatibility problems is because VirtualBox is not just a normal "program", unlike "notepad". Internally it acts like a mini-OS. Virtualization software is very complex.

-Technologov
yasiel1

Post by yasiel1 »

Yeah just to add it on their it dosent just do it with maplestory dragonica,flyff and GunZ thankfully it dosent do it w/ GrandChase Also i play alot of games and i have alot of time on my hands and this error kind of screwed me over of 4 games i play activly and i ONLY CRASH when i play these games And How Is virtual box doing this i uninstalled it and it cant possibly be runing i know it aint a simple program